The Antioch Lapidary Club is dedicated to education and conservation
of our resources. To learn more about the club click on the
ABOUT link (or here). Although our club takes field trips out into the field
to collect precious and semiprecious stones, we also make sure to
respect both the land and the wildlife that has to share space in the
We cordially invite you to experience the fascinating and little known world of Lapidary. Lapidary is the art of cutting and shaping all manner of rocks, minerals, fossils and gems to create beautiful art forms. The Antioch Lapidary Club is looking for new members with a curious mind and willingness to discover the many sides to this skill.
This is a hands-on, involved club and all new members are welcome, as well as curious guests.
Our club reaches out to schools and youth groups to educate children about the fascinating world we live in! We also host Shows and Rock Swaps to let Rockhounds from all over California (and beyond!) to come together.
What can we can offer you? Our club resources include-
- Members with many years of experience in finding, identifying and shaping precious and semi-precious stones and working with metals
- Affiliation with the Federal Gem and Mineral Society
- Organized field trips/exchanges of information on a monthly basis
- A rock museum for your education and viewing pleasure
- A fully equip lapidary shop with training in rock cutting and the work of your rocks
- We also have a silver shop with training courses
- A multi-faceted workshop with many options for your rock work
- And, more rocks!
So stop on by! Click here for directions.
To learn more about our club look here!
For the latest Newsletter look here!
Want to join fill this in and send it in! (download)